Availability: In Stock
Patton Smartnode 24 FXS VoIP Router (IpChannelBank™), 2x10/100bTX, H.323v4 and SIPv2
The SmartNode 4400 Series IpChannel Bank is the perfect business solution for applications requiring 12 to 32 concurrent analog voice/fax calls. The IpChannel Bank transforms any PBX system, analog call-center application, or ISP MDU service into a state-of-the-art packet-voice system without requiring costly equipment replacement or upgrades.
There are several models in the SN4400 Series—ranging from 12 to 32 FXS ports. The SN4400 Series supports key industry-standard VoIP signaling protocols such as SIP, H.323, and T.38 Fax Relay—plus fax-bypass and modem-bypass. This ensures interoperability with the leading soft switches and VoIP services.
Built-in Quality of Service (QoS) features include voice prioritization and traffic management via configurable service-policy profiles. Patton’s advanced DownStreamQoS ensures clear, uninterrupted voice—even over best-effort networks such as the Internet. Packet classification using 802.1p, TOS, and DiffServ makes integration with existing managed QoS networks easy.
Create custom security profiles for a comprehensive security environment. IPsec in the SN4400 Series delivers data integrity, authentication, anti-replay and data confidentiality. Firewall capabilities include Access Control Lists (ACLs), IP-address and port filtering, protection against Denial of Service (DoS) attacks, and use of second Ethernet port as DMZ.
Offering easy setup, reliable operation, and third-party interoperability on a proven platform, the SN4400 Series IpChannel Bank sits at the core of cost-effective business solutions. The investment protection you need for the future is here today.
Features & Benefits
Protect your investment—integrate analog equipment
- 12, 16, 24 or 32 FXS—Simultaneous voice or fax calls on all ports. Advanced local call switching.
- Full SIP and T.38 support—Supports the complete range of industry standard VoIP: SIP, H.323, T.38 fax, fax and modem bypass, DTMF relay. Codecs G.729, G.723 etc.
- Secure Toll-Quality VoIP—DownStreamQoS and Voice-over-VPN with adaptive traffic management and shaping for maximum voice quality and secure voice communication.
- Complete Access Routing—Two 10/100 Ethernet ports with auto MDI-X. Access router with NAT, Firewall, PPPoE, DHCP, DynDNS, multiple VLANs & VPN with IPsec*
- Outstanding Interoperability—Interoperable for voice and T.38 fax with leading SIP service providers, soft-switch vendors and Asterisk™ IP-PBX
Legacy is not bad! While VoIP offers distinct advantages in almost every aspect of communications, in many cases it is appropriate to integrate legacy equipment into a VoIP system rather than replacing it. The SN4400 Series is the enabler to protect your investment in the analog equipment. It enables enterprises to extend multiple analog lines from a PBX to a remote location with existing cabling or phones, taking advantage of a single IP link to transport up to 32 voice calls. The remote location can be a building around the block as well as a partner in another continent.
For call centers, the SN4400 is the ideal, reliable solution to integrate legacy work desks and cabling into next-generation, VoIP-based call center software.
Enterprise FXS concentration and extension over IP and T1/E1
The SN4400 Series IpChannel Bank can be used with a T1/E1 gateway to extend a T1 or E1 line over IP and split it into FXS ports—providing operators and enterprise network administrators with a simple and cost-effective option to provide a large number of FXS ports in a remote location.
- 12, 16, 24, 32 simultaneous VoIP calls
Quality of Service
- Two 10/100 Ethernet ports
- Complete IP access router
- DHCP Client & server
- Packet fragmentation
- Static firewall, NAT, NAPT RFC 1631 access control lists
- DMZ port
- Voice priority
- Traffic management, shaping and policing
- IEEE 802.1p, TOS, DiffServ labeling
- IEEE 802.1Q, VLAN tag insertion/deletion (4096 VLAN IDs, multiple VLAN support
- Web/HTTP, CLI with local console and remote Telnet access
- TFTP configuration & firmware loading
- SNMP MIB II and product MIB
- Secure autoprovisioning for both firmware and unit/subscriber configuration
- Built-in diagnostic tools (trace, debug, call generator)
- 2-wire Loopstart on 50pin (12 to 24 channels) or 64pin (32 channels) Telco connector
- Short haul loop 1.1km @3REN
- EuroPOTS (ETSI EG201188)
- Programmable AC impedance, feeding, ring and on-hook voltage
- Caller-ID FSK and ITU V.23/Bell 202 generation
Call Switching and Services
- SIPv2 H.323v4 (simultaneously with B2BUA capability)
- SIP call transfer, redirect
- DTMF in-band & out-of-band
- All tones programmable (dial, ringing, busy)
- Regular expression based call routing and number manipulation
- Number blocking
- Digit collection, distribution and hunt groups
- transparent line extension
- CODEC G.711 a-law/mu-law, G.723, G.729ab
- G.726, G.727. T.38 fax relay
- G.711 transparent fax and bypass