Availability: In Stock
BT I-Plate ADSL Filter
Volume Pricing available
BT Wholesale has developed the I-Plate, a unique filter
that isolates the bell wire, minimising any interference. The filter can be
quickly and easily installed by the consumer without disconnecting any
wires. This eliminates the time, trouble and cost of needing a visit from an
engineer. A benchmark study on 36,000 lines showed that I-Plates can:
• Boost line speeds – typically by 1.5Mbps. The actual change will
vary from line to line (some have even recorded increases of up to
4Mbps!) Although speed improvements are likely, they can’t be
guaranteed. It’s worth noting that I-Plate also helps to stabilise
the broadband connections.
• Extend the reach by up to 10Db (which should help poorly
performing long lines)
• Reduce lost connections by 20% and error rates by 45%
• A more stable and reliable service, with fewer connection
• A faster and smoother broadband service, due to less
interference, leading to improved line speeds.
• Better quality high bandwidth services, such as TV and video
– as streaming is more stable and downloads faster
• A BT NTE5 master telephone socket (this has the BT logo and a
horizontal split in the faceplate)
• Telephone extension wiring
• Significant interference on the line, causing disruption to
These three factors are, however, likely to be present in seven out of
every ten homes. Please note that I-Plate is suitable for both ADSL1
and ADSL2 lines.
Installation of the I-Plate takes just a few minutes. It’s simply a matter
of unscrewing the faceplate of the master socket, clipping the I-Plate
into place, and re-fitting the faceplate.