Availability: In Stock
D-Link DIR-685 Wireless N Gigabit Storage Router
The D-Link DIR-685 Wireless N Storage router meshes style with technology to offer a simple yet sleek design, ideal for home use. This all-in-one desktop device combines a wireless Internet router, a network storage device, a digital photo frame and a print server for the ultimate user experience.
- 802.11n (draft 2.0) WLAN specification, highest speed and coverage
- Accommodates one 2.5” SATA hard drive of any capacity
- 2 USB ports for sharing a printer or flash drive (SharePort technology)
- 1.6 million colour 3.2" interactive LCD screen
- Automatic data prioritisation with D-Link Intelligent QoS Technology
- 5 Gigabit ports (WAN & LAN)
- “Works with Windows Vista” label
- Certified for Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) specification
- D-Link Green: the environmentally friendly option
The router’s 802.11n (draft 2.0) high-speed wireless LAN delivers superior wireless speed and range, for a fast Internet connection wherever you are at home.
It also comes with a 4-port 10/100/1000 Gigabit switch to connect multiple wired devices such as computers, media players and game consoles for fast file transfer and lag-free online gaming.
Up to 500 GB of storage
A compact 2.5” Hard Drive (HDD) with up to 500 GB disk space can be placed inside this router to act as network storage.
This disk space can be wirelessly shared among family members to keep and back up valuable files, or provide remote access to your personal documents via the Internet.
Once music, photo and video collections have been saved on to the HDD for safekeeping, content can be streamed to compatible media players, such as a PlayStation 3, a Microsoft Xbox 360™ or a D-Link MediaLounge product. This does not require a computer to be turned on!
An interactive 3.2” colour screen brightens up your desk, by displaying your favourite photos saved on the router’s hard drive or photo-sharing sites. You can also use the front-panel buttons to monitor network speed, router and HDD status, or view Internet feeds such as weather forecasts, news or sport events3, all without turning on a computer.
Useful USB ports
Two USB ports are available through the SharePort Network USB utility. You can connect flash drives or multifunction printers to share printing and scanning functions among family members. These will also accept a 3G adapter, so you can connect the router to a 3G mobile service to provide Internet access to a group while travelling.
Intelligent data prioritisation
The DIR-685 includes intelligent Quality of Service (QoS). It automatically detects if audio, video or gaming content is being transmitted over the network and gives these applications priority over less time-sensitive traffic such as email or file transfers. It then adjusts priorities on the fly to ensure media content is transmitted without jitter or lag. This enables multiple applications to stream smoothly to your TV or PC.
All angles covered
The DIR-685 supports the latest wireless security features to help prevent unauthorised access, be it from over the wireless network or from the Internet. Support for WEP, WPA and WPA2 standards ensure that the best possible encryption may be used while the dual active firewalls (SPI and NAT) prevent potential attacks from across the Internet.
Strong parental controls are included, that allow blocking or allowing of specific web sites completely or at certain times of the day.
The D-Link Click’n Connect (DCC) wizard allows anybody without any prior technical knowledge to install the router and connect to the Internet within minutes, just by running the product CD4. In just a few simple steps, the user is taken through establishing physical connections (power and cabling), configuring wireless network settings, security and connecting to their ISP.
The DIR-685 reacts when a device attached to it is turned off, by placing the corresponding port in a standby mode that requires less power.
In addition, the router is able to detect the Ethernet cable length and adjust power usage accordingly, hence saving any surplus power that would otherwise dissipate as heat.
The Wi-Fi signal can also be turned off completely at certain times of the day, resulting in extra savings.
Furthermore, the hard drive goes into sleep mode when your disk is not in use and the LCD screen goes off after a certain amount of time that you can set.
Consolidating all of the above functions in a single device itself ultimately helps to conserve energy.
• 1 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit WAN port
• 4 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit LAN ports with Jumbo frames support
• 1 Hard Drive bay for 2.5” SATA Hard Drive of any capacity (Hard Drive must be no thicker than 9.5 mm)
• 2 USB 2.0 ports for printer or flash memory sharing via Shareport
• 3.2” true colour LCD display
• Internal Wireless LAN antennae
• IEEE 802.11n (draft 2.0) Wireless LAN specification, Wi-Fi certified
• Backward compatible with 802.11g wireless networks
• Simple wireless encryption set up at the touch of a button (WPS - Wireless Protect Setup)
• Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA / WPA2)
Quality of Service (QoS)
• Automatic data prioritisation with D-Link Intelligent QoS Technology
• Wireless Multimedia (WMM) for WLAN traffic
• Built-in FTP server (download the Yahoo! widget)
• Built-in iTunes server
• UPnP AV server for streaming content to compatible media players
• Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
• Built-in NAT firewall
• Content filtering with URL blocking and scheduling
• Denial of Service (DoS) prevention
• Multiple IPSEc/PPTP/L2TP pass-through
• MAC address filtering
• Support for 802.1X RADIUS
• D-Link Click’n Connect easy set-up with wizard in 15 languages
• Web-based management
• Automatic power down of idle ports
• Reduced power according to Ethernet cable length
• Wireless LAN scheduling
• HDD sleep mode
• LCD power off
• EnergyStar qualified power adapter
• Recyclable packaging
• RoHS compliant