Availability: In Stock
FRITZ!Box 3490 ADSL/VDSL Wireless AC Router
Compatible with VDSL (BT Infinity High-Speed Fibre Broadband)
- VDSL or ADSL line
- 4 x gigabit Ethernet, WAN at LAN 1 port
- Wireless AC with up to 1,300 Mbit/s
- Wireless N with up to 450 Mbit/s
- 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz frequency bands simultaneously
- 2 x USB 3.0 port for printers and storage media
Because the FRITZ!Box 3490 uses two wireless networks at the same time, this new device is the perfect wireless hotspot for all computers, smartphones and tablets. Ultra-fast Wireless AC + N with up to 1300 Mbit/s, 4 gigabit LAN ports and two USB 3.0 ports fulfill every communications wish.
2 wireless networks for maximum speed
With your FRITZ!Box 3490 you can use two wireless networks at the same time for the perfect hotspot: the 5 GHz and the 2.4 GHz band. You have two different frequencies available for computers, smartphones and tablets, so that you can benefit from higher wireless speed and even greater range.
Maximum performance at every connection
FRITZ!Box 3490 supports all DSL standards, including VDSL, at rates of up to 100 Mbit/s, and can also be used on a fiber optic or cable modem. Four gigabit Ethernet ports and modern wireless LAN architecture provide for ultra-fast connections in the home network.
Quality entertainment round the clock
With the FRITZ!Box 3490 you can enjoy technologically perfect entertainment throughout the entire home network. The media aserver and the two USB ports turn the FRITZ!Box into an ideal hub for digital entertainment: music, pictures and videos are available everywhere immediately.
FRITZ!Box for Safety's Sake
You're always on the safe side with the FRITZ!Box! The comprehensive security concept protects your communications. Constant testing and further development mean it's always up to date. Thanks to the free updates, you can always rest assured.
FRITZ!OS – fully loaded software
FRITZ!OS, the operating system of your FRITZ!Box, delivers new functions on a regular basis. Thanks to the FRITZ!Apps you can even use your smartphone to access your data from outside the home, make calls in your home network, or even control a webcam. And of course, all updates and apps are free.
The operating concept of the FRITZ!Box has won awards from the press and praise from users for achieving its goal: keeping everything as simple as possible. A clear user interface and wizards accompany you every step of the way.
Compatible with any connection
You can use your FRITZ!Box with any DSL connection. Alternatively, you can run it behind a fiber optic or cable modem and simply integrate it into an existing wireless network. It can even be operated with a 3G dongle.
VDSL vectoring for high speeds
With FRITZ!Box, you’re ready for the future: as vectoring is supported, you can reach throughput rates of up to 100 Mbit/s with standard VDSL connections and double your Internet speed without any extra hardware.
At home anywhere with MyFRITZ!
With the MyFRITZ! service from AVM, you benefit from secure and convenient access to your FRITZ!Box from anywhere in the world. You can retrieve files stored in FRITZ!NAS, view your recent call list and listen to messages left on your answering machine. With the MyFRITZ!App, you can even access your FRITZ!Box remotely using your smartphone or tablet.
Peace of mind
FRITZ!Box offers comprehensive protection against attacks. The preconfigured firewall, filter functions, and ex works wireless encryption ensure secure connections. Parental controls and guest Internet access are, of course, included free of charge.
Encrypted communication via VPN
Thanks to the recognized industry standard IPsec, you can establish a virtual private network to connect with your FRITZ!Box or company network. The settings can be configured on your FRITZ!Box and transferred to smartphones, tablets, and computers.
Ready for the future with IPv6
In addition to IPv4, FRITZ!Box supports the IPv6 Internet protocol. IPv6 makes existing services more convenient and simplifies a host of new applications, so you can rest assured that you’re ready for the latest technologies.
Wireless AC with 1300 Mbit/s
The new AC standard delivers lightning-fast Wireless LAN. Quickly and securely connect your computer, smartphones, and tablets to your FRITZ!Box and benefit from maximum speed and a far greater range.
Two wireless networks for more flexibility
The FRITZ!Box simultaneously uses both the 2.4 and 5 GHz frequency bands, offering maximum flexibility for all devices. The intelligent auto channel search can be used to select the best wireless channel.
Wireless guest access
Offer your guests easy-to-use Internet access with a separate network key and user name. Your guests have no access to your home network and your data remain private.
FRITZ!Box as a private hotspot
When using your FRITZ!Box as a hotspot, you can restrict Internet usage to surfing and e-mail. You have a usage log, while your guests benefit from an integrated QR code that makes it easy for them to connect to the Internet.
Secure ex works
Every FRITZ!Box is delivered with its own network key to protect your network from unauthorized access. All wireless networks including the guest access can be secured with their own unique key.
Connected in a flash
Thanks to WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), you can connect new wireless-enabled devices in a flash. Simply press the “WPS” or “WLAN” button on the FRITZ!Box and on the new device – and it will be securely and automatically registered with the network.
Optimum connectivity at all times
The wireless monitor analyzes wireless networks within range and displays them in a user-friendly chart. So, if necessary, you can switch to available channels and quickly find the best wireless settings.
Telephony via FRITZ!App Fon
The easy-to-use FRITZ!App Fon for iOS and Android lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a landline. In conjunction with FRITZ!App Fon, FRITZ!Box offers IP telephony via wireless LAN.
Even more range with “Wireless Repeater” mode
When used as a wireless repeater, the FRITZ!Box makes extending your wireless range child’s play. It can be integrated into existing networks via LAN or wireless LAN, serving as a high-speed access point or wireless hotspot.
fritz.box – everything made easy
FRITZ!OS is the FRITZ!Box operating system and can be easily controlled via your browser. User-friendly menus, easy-to-understand wizards, and the optional advanced mode come in handy in all scenarios.
FRITZ!OS is continually being refined for increased convenience and performance. And, best of all, the latest developments can be downloaded for free to ensure that your FRITZ!Box always stays up to date.
Media server for great entertainment
The FRITZ!Box manages all connected USB storage devices and makes their contents available throughout the network. The media server lets users enjoy music, photos, and videos on network-enabled playback devices.
FRITZ!Apps for iOS and Android
The practical FRITZ!Apps offer a wealth of exciting features for smartphones and tablets. Use these free apps for increased convenience when you’re on the go.
Maximum energy efficiency
The many features offered by FRITZ!OS remove the need for additional devices such as fax and answering machines. And DECT and wireless transmission power is decreased when devices are not in use, saving both energy and money.
- DSL router with firewall/NAT, DHCP server, DynDNS client, UPnP AV
- Supports 100 Mbit VDSL lines with full vectoring
- Use of existing Internet connections via LAN and wireless LAN
- Router operation even at a cable modem, glass fiber connection or with a 3G dongle (UMTS/HSPA)
- Support for IPv6
- Stateful Packet Inspection Firewall with port forwarding
- Secure remote access over the Internet with VPN (IPSec)
- Wireless radio networks compliant with 802.11ac (up to 1300 Mbit/s gross; 5 GHz) and 802.11n (up to 450 Mbit/s gross; 2.4 GHz)
- Dual Wireless AC+ N for simultaneous operation in the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands
- Compatible with Wireless 802.11g, b and a
- Secure ex works with WPA2 encryption
- AVM Stick & Surf: automatic security for wireless surfing
- WLAN pushbutton (to switch wireless LAN on/off manually)
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Wireless network range extended through repeater function
- Wireless auto channel: Automated search for wireless LAN radio channel free of interference
- WLAN Eco for optimum performance at minimum power consumption
Convenience for the home network
- Media server makes music, pictures and videos in the network available to devices in the home network (SMB, FTP, UPnP AV)
- With MyFRITZ!, secure access to your own FRITZ!Box from anywhere
- FRITZ!NAS – simple, browser-based access to all files in the network
- Networked applications like IPTV, video on demand and media streaming
- Parental controls, push service, cloud contacts, online storage
- Guest access: sharing of existing Internet connection over LAN or wireless LAN
- Wake on LAN over the Internet
- Supports devices compliant with DLNA
- "fritz.box": multi-language user interface, for intuitive operation via Web browser
- User interface optimized for smartphones and tablets (responsive design)
- Free updates for new functions and security
- Advanced view for special configuration options, help function with full-text search
- FRITZ!Apps for wireless LAN telephone calls in the home network, file access from on the go and more (Android and iOS
- Suitable for all VDSL and ADSL lines
- VDSL in accordance with ITU G.993.2 or ADSL/ADSL2+ in accordance with ITU G992.3 (Annex A, B, J or M)
- Supports VDSL vectoring (ITU G.993.5)
- 4 x gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Base-T)
- Wireless access point compliant with IEEE 802.11n, g, b, a
- 2 x USB 3.0 port for printers and storage media
- FRITZ!Box 3490
- Power supply unit
- 4-meter DSL connecting cable
- 1.5-meter LAN cable (compliant with CAT 5e)
- Quick Guide
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 245 x 55 x 175 mm
- Suitable for tabletop or wall-mounted operation
- Power consumption: 8-20 W
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty