Availability: In Stock
Linksys SRW248G4P 48-Port Managed Switch with WebView and PoE
(48) 10/100 ports + (2) shared Gigabit combo ports + (2) Gigabit uplink ports
48-Port 10/100 switch with reliable,
intelligent, ACL, Security, QoS, SNMP
managed PoE for growing business
The Cisco SRW248G4P 48-Port 10/100 + 4-Port Gigabit Switch offers a highly secure means of expanding your network. Web-based configuration of the switch is secured using SSL. User access is verified with 802.1X security using a RADIUS authentication mechanism and can also be controlled using MAC-based filtering.
Extensive quality of service (QoS) features makes the solution ideal for real-time applications such as voice and video. The four priority queues, together with the weighted round-robin and strict priority scheduling techniques, facilitate efficient coexistence of real-time traffic with data traffic, allowing each to meet its QoS needs. Individual users or applications can be prioritized above others using various class of service options - by port, Layer 2 priority (802.1p), and Layer 3 priority (type of service [ToS] or differentiated services code point [DSCP]). Intelligent broadcast and multicast storm control minimizes and contains the effect of these types of traffic on regular traffic. Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) snooping limits bandwidth-intensive video traffic to only the requestors without flooding all users. Incoming traffic can be policed and outgoing traffic can be shaped, allowing you to control network access and traffic flow.
Other features of the Cisco SRW248G4P allow you to expand and grow your network of switches. Link aggregation allows multiple high-bandwidth trunks between switches to be set up. This also provides reliability, in that the system continues to operate if one of the links breaks. Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Fast STP, Rapid STP (RSTP), and Multiple STP (MSTP) allow you to build a mesh of switches, increasing the availability of the system.
The rich features of the WebView management software include Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Remote Monitoring (RMON), Telnet, and HTTP management options, allowing you to flexibly integrate and manage these devices in your network.
Automatic load sensing in the power control circuitry automatically detects Power over Ethernet (PoE) on the access points before providing power. Power feeding of Ethernet is limited for the fixed 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX ports. The switch can provide maximum output power per PoE port of up to 15.4W on 24 ports or 7.5W on 48 ports simultaneously. Each port has independent overload and short-circuit protection, with LED indicators for power status. Cable diagnostics can be performed using the switch's WebView utility.
- Forty eight 10/100 switched RJ-45 ports deliver up to 4 Gbps of throughput per port
- Two shared 10/100/1000 mini Gigabit Interface Converter (mini-GBIC) ports
- Switching capacity delivers wire-speed performance at 17.6 Gbps, nonblocking capacity
- WebView monitoring allows administrators to view the current status and configuration using their favorite web browser
- PoE on forty-eight 10/100 ports supplies up to 7.5W per port, or on twenty-four 10/100 ports supplies up to IEEE 802.3af maximum of 15.4W per port
- Automatic medium dependent interface (MDI) and MDI crossover (MDI-X) cable detection
- Port-based and 802.1Q-based VLANs support up to 256 VLANs
- Port trunking for up to eight groups allows you to increase your bandwidth for each uplink or server connection
- Port configuration settings for link, speed, auto MDI/MDI-X, flow control, and more
- Fully rack mountable using the included rack-mounting hardware
- MAC address table supports up to 8000 MAC address entries
- Optimal platform to support real-time applications such as voice and video by providing features like IGMP snooping, multiple queues (four) with appropriate scheduling techniques, prioritization of traffic based on port, 802.1p, IP ToS/precedence/DSCP, TCP/User Datagram Protocol (UDP) port, and line rate forwarding mechanisms
- Enhanced QoS functions, including rate limiting for ingress/egress and per flow at 64 kbps granularity
- Secure control via SSH for Telnet interface and SSL for HTTP interface
- User/network security via 802.1X (with RADIUS authentication) and MAC-based filtering
- Advanced security access control list (ACL) can deny or limit network access based on Layer 1 through 4 information such as MAC, Ethernet type, VLAN ID, IP address, protocol ID, or TCP/UDP port
- Containment of storms - broadcast and multicast
- Expandability and availability increased across multiple switches using link aggregation
- SNMP and RMON management expand your visibility options